1. I should not be bored by a show about SHIELD that involves Joss Whedon. And yet, I find myself just not caring. Well, if they promised to reveal some of Ming-Na's backstory I'd be all over it, but I can't even bring myself to get bothered over what the hell Coulson's story is.
2. It's possible that Agents of SHIELD
is suffering because I just started watching Orphan Black
and OH MY GOD IT'S AWESOME. (jkason
! Have you watched this?! It's like every narrative kink we have in one show!)
3. Will I ever finish Broadchurch?
Because I need to ...
4. I have, after 22 years with my husband, gotten to the end of my patience with shows about Bigfoot, aliens, cryptozoology, and Nostradamus. (Ghost shows are still okay, but if I could ban people from using the Waverly Hills Sanatorium, the Stanley Hotel, Myrtles Plantation, and Lizzie Borden's house in these shows, I totally would.) There is no new information! Sometimes a legend about a dragon is just a legend about a dragon--not a UFO!
And, seriously, I think that chupacabra was actually just a coyote with a bad case of mange. I would love to live in a world with Mothmen and extra-terrestrial crop circles; I am down with our not being alone in the universe. I'm just bored
with all this repetition.
5. (sadly) I just ... want Doctor Who
to come back. Yes, yes, a month for the one and three for the other ... but still.
6. Oh, oh! The BBC radio production of Neverwhere
is out, and I got it, and it's really, really good! James McAvoy, Anthony Stewart Head, Natalie Dormer, Benedict Cumberbatch, Sophie Okenedo, and Bernard Cribbins ... just, yeah, it's worth the $14.95.